Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teamwork Makes The Dream Work

This last weekend, we decided it was time to revamp our front yard. It became a Schoonover family project day; after planting the garden at Shane and Stacie's, everyone headed up to our house. There were weeds to be pulled, holes to be filled, rocks to be moved, and sprinklers to be fixed. Everyone got their shovel and went to work. About an hour into it, the storm clouds came in and it started raining. The wind started blowing, and it got cold. No body said a word, just grabbed their jackets and kept on going. We got all the weeds dug up, and it was almost time to start filling up the flower beds with the stinky soil that Dennis delivered to our driveway the night before. The guys were trying to fix the sprinklers, so every now and then they would turn them on and we would get sprayed (I think they didn't warn us on purpose because they thought it was funny to hear us scream and try to run out of the way). Harley liked riding on Chad's lap in the mini loader as he brought the soil over and dumped it, while Lexi relaxed on the porch (every now and then she'd come out to say hi).

Once we got most everything in place, the girls ran to Home Depot to get some shrubs and flowers to plant. We filled up two big carts and made it out of there in less than 2 hours. I couldn't even have imagined doing all this work by myself! Watching our yard transform was like watching an episode of Extreme Home Makeover, with 6 sets of hands everything happened so fast. It was so awesome!

I've never experienced this kind of teamwork in all my life. The whole day, I was covered in dirt, (and probably poo particles), I had cuts and scrapes, and my body ached- but my heart was so full. I was proud and thankful to know these people, to call them my family. I hope they read this and they know how much I love them. I also hope I can be as good to them as they are to me. Nothing is more important to me than family, and I feel so blessed to have such camaraderie between all of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment