Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Parable Of Horse Poop

The Parable of Horse Poop
I'm sure you've all heard of the story about the two boys; one was an optimist, the other a pessimist. Well I want to talk about the optimist...when put in a room full of horse manure, he started shoveling with excitement. Researchers were stunned. When they asked him what he was doing, he said "Sir, with all this manure I just know there is a pony in here somewhere and I'm going to find him!"

I believe that attitude can have the snow ball effect. One negative thought leads to another. I woke up the other day and I was still tired. I looked out the window and it was raining and cold outside. Couldn't find the shoes I wanted to wear, my hair was unmaneagable, and someone had to have stolen my eyeliner because I couldn't find it anywhere. I was running late, left for work and forgot my lunch, and what-do-ya-know, everyone driving a car that day in my vacinity was an IDIOT. I pulled into the parking lot..."Did I put my garage door down?" I thought to myself. STUPID BRAIN! Why can't I remember anything? I put it down everyday, but TODAY, I'm sure I didn't. I get out of my car, my purse strap gets stuck on the E-brake, and THAT just annoys me. Stupid car. Stupid purse. I get inside..."This day has GOT to get better...". Oh but it didn't. Everything went wrong. You get the idea.

I think back and wonder if it works the same with POSITIVITY. Surely it does. I am too blessed and priveleged to have such a bad attitude. While I am letting my day get ruined by insignificant, petty little things, some one else is homeless, getting divored, fighting addiction, battling illness, or grieving an immense loss. That slaps you back into reality. Fast. Life is too short to not look for the ponies.

No comments:

Post a Comment