Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Have yourself a happy little birthday...


Cliff&Grandma Roach
Our Guests
My Sassy Little Cake

Telling him how amazing he is...

Kelli, Will, Brant, Kloe, Me
Grandma&Grandpa Hancock

I'm officially 27. Twenty seven. Just when you think you've had the best birthday (or birthday week), the next one comes along and you say it all over again. I love building up to the big day with little celebrations the week before, I just think birthdays are so important and fun, that you can't possibly celebrate it all in only one day. Saturday night we went out with our friends to Gracie's in Salt Lake - we ate out on the upstairs patio that over-looked the busy streets and tall buildings. It was relaxing and fun- I love good company.

Sunday was the day of the big birthday BBQ, and it was a pretty perfect day. Little things make me happy… Like Chad going to Costco with me to get stuff for the party. We weren't in a hurry, even though I would have been if I was by myself. When I'm with Chad, I want to enjoy every second with him, he makes me laugh - he is my happy pill, he is my sparkle...

We goofed around, loaded the cart with all kinds of things, even a small toy helicopter. He tested out the mattresses, and then rushed me out of the towel and rug aisle (he knows I love buying new towels and rugs for no reason). We stopped and got cola's on the way home, and listened to the music up loud with the windows rolled down. He flew his helicopter all over the living room while I made some things for the party, then he helped me do a few things around the house...and it was fun to just be hanging out. We headed out to Dennis and Lisa's around 5, got set up, and the fun began. Chad surprised me with coordinating an amazing cake to be made just for me...it was fabulous, I loved it and was so excited (thanks to Maris and Weston, and Weston's mom as well).

And here is the "thankamony" for this year...I am so grateful for all the special people in my life. I have three families and I just don't know how I got so lucky. Just so you know, I think you are all so amazing, and the best birthday present is having you all in the same room, together, you all make me so happy.

And thank you to my sweetheart: I love that you spoil me, I love that you get as excited for my birthdays as I do, I love that you plan surprises, and I absolutely love that you let me open my presents early. :) I love you so much. You have gone above and beyond yet again.


2 comments:

  1. If blogs had "like" buttons I probably would never make comments. Your BBQ was great and you do have great people in your life right now, we are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you make comments. I've had great people in my life for a loooong time. I know for a fact I wouldn't be here, or be who I am today if I wasn't part of the Creer family...or are you all a part of the Roach family? :) Ha ha. KIDDING!! I should change my name to Ryan Star Roach Creer Schoonover. But I really appreciate you and your family's love and support for the last so many years...thanks for coming to my birthday party:)

    ReplyDelete