Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Birthday - August 2010

I turned the big 2-6 this year...and again, just like any of my other birthdays...had to make it a week-long celebration and lots of fun things. We celebrated every night leading up until the big day which was on a Saturday, so it made a great finale. We had a dutch over cook-out party at Dennis and Lisa's house.

Lots of people came and it was so fun. Chad did so much and cooked all the food out in the hot coals-I was so thankful for him and the food was delicious! After we ate, I opened presents...I have some funny friends. Since I'm afraid of the water, Matt got me a big shark floaty for when we go boating. I got gift cards, money, jewelry, and hair stuff. (THANKS everyone!) JT and Casey brought out a life-sized pinata of myself- filled with floss, laffy taffy, nerd ropes, bubble gum, and toothbrushes. We hung her in the garage and I went at it, blindfolded with a big stick. (See Facebook for videos) Later, Chad suprised me with my favorite ice cream cake from Coldstone with "Midge is the Shiz" written on it- he had lit candles on it and as he walked in with it, every body started singing Happy Birthday. Later that night, after we were home, Chad set a huge box in front of me. The grand, grand finale of my week-long birthday... It was a Kitchenaid Mixer- the biggest, baddest of them all! I had a STELLAR birthday. Thanks to everyone who made it special. And a special thank you to my sweet husband who always goes above and beyond...





No comments:

Post a Comment