Sunday, February 20, 2011

January 2011 - The CRUISE

The vacation begins. We flew to Miami, Florida and spent the night. Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed to board our gi-normous cruise ship- the Celebrity Eclipse. On the bus ride over, Chad leaned over and whispered in my ear, “I have the sudden urge to scream…” I looked at him with his crooked little grin and said, “Please don’t.” J He’s always keeping me on my toes, and laughing. “There’s never a dull moment” is our life’s motto and oh how true it is.

We sailed off that afternoon and the relaxation began. The first two days we sailed, then the third day we stopped in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The fourth day was in St. Maarten, where we spent the day on the beach/nude beach. What a sight it was. No body that looked good naked was there.

HIGHLIGHT #1- I got in the ocean! All the way in…hair wet and salt water in the eyes IN. It was scary, and exhilarating at the same time. I panicked a little at first, but Chad assured me he would take care of me and not let me get eaten by a sea creature or drowned.

The fifth day was in St. Kitts, where we toured the island in a shuttle bus. We stopped at a little private beach, ate lunch, played wit Sarah the monkey, and then HIGHLIGHT #2- went JET-skiing. Another fun water sport I’ve never enjoyed. I held on to Chad so tight, even after he promised me he wouldn’t throw us off into the water.

The sixth and seventh day were sail days…we laid out at the pool, went to a couple shows, sun tanned on our balcony, and just relaxed. We drank our normal daily caloric amount in Pina Coladas alone, oh but they were so irresistible and delightful, filled up on pizza and gelato, and played a few games of basketball late at night all by ourselves. I never got the ball in the hoop, but Chad has some mad HOOP skills! He made every shot, except for when the boat moved and made him miss. It was an awesome vacation. I love cruising…






No comments:

Post a Comment