Saturday, October 29, 2011

Kloe Taught Me A Lesson

"No one has yet fully realized the wealth of sympathy, kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child." (Emma Goldman, author)

I love seeing my little Kloe. She is one of the many lights in my life. She makes me feel a love for her that I've never felt before. When she comes over, she always asks where Chad is...I think she likes him so much because he teaches her funny sayings like, "Yeah Buddy" and "J-E-L-L-O".

A few weeks ago, we had a sleepover and in the morning, Kelli was trying to get her dressed. I didn't see why the tantrum started, but she ended up hitting Kelli in the face. Kelli sternly told her that we don't hit, but the tantrum continued. Kloe ended up in "time-out" and was very upset at her mom. Her little face showed where the tears had streaked down her cheeks. Kelli went over to her...and Kloe said, "Sorry Mom" in the sweetest, yet saddest voice I've ever heard. Kelli hugged her, Kloe wrapper her arms around Kelli, and when it was done, Kloe was smiling and ready to play.

I watched this little child, who isn't even 2 yet, be how I wanted to be. Quick to apologize. Quick to love. Quick to forgive and move on. If only I did that more in my own daily life. Now I see what God meant by being "childlike".

In this small moment, I was impacted immensely and I feel like that lesson was meant just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment